Monday, July 9, 2012

DIY stamps


Last week, I decided that some stamps were in order. What do I plan on stamping? Who the heck knows? Wait, scratch that. Let's go with: What don't I plan on stamping? Currently, everything is getting the stamp treatment around here, including correspondence, junk mail, and my arms. I just can't resist. I'm a stamping maniac. It's a good thing Matilda isn't one of those hairless Sphynx kitties or she'd be stamped the hell up right now...

OK, so these are super-easy to make. I went all out and purchased a pack of eight erasers at the dollar store. 


You'll also need a pencil, an exacto knife, and a cuticle trimmer. 


And a stamp-making assistant. 


Draw your design on the eraser. Simple shapes and straight lines are the easiest to cut. 


Use the exacto knife to score the lines--this will make it much easier to gouge out your design. 


Use your cuticle trimmer to gouge out sections of the eraser according to your pattern.





The cleaner and deeper your lines, the cleaner and clearer your stamp.






7 comments:

  1. Oooh... I am so gonna do some stamping as well. Maybe some bed linen patterns, or maybe a notebook cover or maybe I will end up stamping just anything I come across...that will most likely be the case. Thanks for this great post super easy and quick way to create some prints. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Catarina! You should definitely get to stamping. Bed linens would be amaaaaaazing.

      Delete
  2. Cool, they look great :) and really simple too! And it's fun how you've used a cuticle trimmer :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Aysha! Who can afford to buy specific tools for each project? Of course, this particular trimmer cannot go back to work on my cuticles ever again--it's waaay too dull after all that stamp making. :)

      Delete
  3. Excellent post. I used to be checking continuously this
    blog and I am inspired! Very useful information specifically the closing
    phase :) I deal with such information a lot. I used to be looking for this particular information
    for a long time. Thank you and good luck.
    Feel free to visit my web-site ... Brand name Laptop

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will definitely make these this weekend! thanks so much for the tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Sara! Stamp everything in sight.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...